ACL is the lease finance provider of choice in Zimbabwe. We offer asset finance in all key sectors of the economy. There are various types of leasing products and our main focus is FINANCE LEASES.
WHAT IS A FINANCE LEASE?
A finance lease is primarily a means of financing the acquisition of an asset without immediately paying cash for it. When an ACL client (lessee) signs a finance lease, he is entering into an agreement to buy the asset. This concept is supported by the fact that there is a transfer of the benefits and risks of ownership to the lessee. The difference between the contract of outright sale and this contract is that ownership passes forthwith in a sale agreement whereas with the financial lease it only passes after the lease period has expired, all instalments paid and residual value settled.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A FINANCE LEASE
The total amount of the lease payments exceeds the purchase price of the asset leased due to the interest levied. The initial period of the lease is equal to what is considered to be the major portion of the asset’s useful life e.g. three years. In fact, with motor vehicles in Zimbabwe, a three-year-old vehicle is considered to be still new and therefore the maximum term of the lease is considerably less than the life of the asset. There are also items including large equipment with longer economic life of up to 60 months and this can be accommodated in ACL’s agreements.
BENEFITS OF LEASING AN ASSET THROUGH ACL
- Leasing can provide up to 100% financing of an asset although it is common for the lessee to pay an initial rental before settling down to planned rental payments.
- The term of lease is usually proportionate to the most productive economic life of the asset.
- The lessee enjoys the full benefits of a leased asset as if he was the actual owner.
- Lease payments can be fixed for the period of the lease and are thus easier to budget for, over the term of the lease.
- The lease can be structured to offer the lessee a flexible repayment schedule as well as terms and options, which are negotiated to meet the requirements of the lessee in any particular industry.
- Although the lessee may have a healthy cash flow to sustain an outright asset purchase, he can use this cash for more productive and remunerative needs whilst enjoying lease finance package on other assets.
- Extension and renewal of lease agreement is possible with the consent of ACL.
- The leasee will have use of modern equipment, which reduces maintenance costs.
- Source of medium-term finance using the leased assets as security.
- Hedge against technological obsolescence.
Please click on the industry below to learn more. If you cannot find what you are looking for please do contact us today